The daily adventures and musings of Suzanne and family while I hold down the fort here in San Diego!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Workout Jam

So lately I've been a bit lazy and I've really need a swift kick to get up and workout. Eric and I have decided to up the ante and make it into a challenge for both of us during his stay in Japan. It will be our version of Biggest Loser and the winner will get to choose their choice of vacation at the end. What's even cooler is we will be renewing our wedding vows at the winning location. I have chosen Tunnels Beach in Kauai and Eric chose Las Caletas Beach in Puerto Vallarta. Either spot is magical and exciting although I am a bit partial to Kauai.


After I had Sophia I dropped over 50 pounds eating Nutri System (which is not great but it works) and working out with a mixture of pilates, yoga and cardio. I always think the true yogi and pilates followers have the bodies I really want. They always seem long and lean, not too much bulk or muscle and still enough bump in the booty. The problem now is that Eric and I have been enjoying our last months together before he leaves and then during the holidays which included a LOT of food! That was a mistake! I feel super flabby Mcflabster and have decided to take up jogging. Did I mention I DESPISE jogging/running? I am not a fan of the aches and joint pain that is followed by a light jog on the hard pavement. I get shin splints. I have no great feeling of energy or what they say is an endorphin rush afterwards. And moreover, joggers and runners do not have the body I want, but nevertheless I started jogging to get rid of some of the excess pregnancy fat that does not want to leave. I am desperate and I know jogging burns an excessive amount of fat, more than my beloved yoga and pilates. I know once the fat diminishes (before it gets to burning my booty away) I will let my joints and shins enjoy life again without the constant pavement pounding....and I know I am jogging correctly. I looked at proper form on You Tube!


So to me music is life and energy. I created a badass workout jam for my MP3 player. If it wasn't for these songs and my dogs that pull me there is no way I would have the drive to jog past my front door. I could definitely find other ways to torture myself!



And without further adieu, here is the list:



Black Eyed Peas - Imma Be, Rock That Body

Peaches - Mommy Complex

Drowning Pool - Bodies (I need some mean music to get through tough workouts)

Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People

Ludacris - Move Bitch, Get Back (great traffic music too)

Paul Oakenfold - Faster Kill Pussycat, Ready Steady Go

Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?

Jay-Z - Swagga Like Us

P.O.D. - Boom

Kanye West - Stronger

Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At, Red Alert

Cypress Hill - Superstar

Daft Punk - Da Funk

DJ Shadow - Organ Donor

Propellerheads - Take California

Outkast - B.O. B.

69 Boyz - Tootsie Roll

Sexy Bitch - David Guetta

Until next time! Suzanne ;-)

3 comments:

  1. You rock!! I have one recommendation for you.. to help with shin splints, besides new shoes, inserts! Go to a new balance store and pay the money, it is well worth it! They analyze your step and tell you if you need more arch support or whatever! I'm not a jogger yet... only 7 months post back surgery but I get shin splints when I walk and I know when it's time to change shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne,
    I used to think that running was the go-to in a pinch. But I learned that running is not the ONLY way to lose fat. And it's not the fastest way either. You want to do something you will enjoy so you will stick to it!! Look seriously into Insanity Training ( I thought you had mentioned this before). You won't get shin splints, your calves will straight ROCK due to all the jumping, and the fat loss is exceptional. Trust me. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam - thanks for the advice. I may go to that huge running store in Kearney Mesa and get my feet checked out since they do the same thing. I have a new pair of shoes that I have broke in and they bother so I tried an old pair and then the shin splints came. Joni - I actually bought Insanity on ebay, but ebay contacted me and told me to end the bid since it was a scam...I haven't bought it since but doing other plyometrics dvds...I need to look into buying it again! One of the reasons I actually like jogging is because my dogs are SUPER tired once I am done! They are never tired!

    ReplyDelete